The sound of quiet is my favorite sound. Do you know what it sounds like?
When I am able to hear it, here’s what happens:
- I do my best thinking.
- I connect with God and build my relationship with him.
- I am able to see how God is in working in all things for my good.
- I become physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and intuitively healthier.
- I am able to see everything for which I am grateful.
- I discover things to look forward to and be excited about.
- I gain clarity in my life’s purpose.
- I define how I’m going to get incrementally better today, moving the dial one baby step forward.
- I determine who I am going to serve and thank today.
- I glean I may need to delay my gratification for something because if I don’t, it would create strife in my life.
- I review the top three positive things that happened in my day.
- I look for the silver lining in one negative thing that happened.
- I examine any unsolved challenges with which I am faced.
- I mature and see that my spiritual, personal and professional growth is not automatic. It takes intentional commitment.
I appreciate how much of my life’s choices are in my control, which begins and ends with my mindset, my attitude. I get to choose what God does in my life. He is moved by my faith, and my faith grows stronger when I hear the sound of quiet.
I pray you have the strength to create the sound of quiet in your life.
- Tell your loved ones you need it. Ask them to be respectful when you’re in your quiet zone.
- Put you smart phone aside and place it on DND.
- Turn off the TV.
- Pick a good spot where you can be comfortable, one that is free from distracting background noises.
- Ideally, pick a time when your spouse, kids and pets are sleeping.
I hope the sound of quiet becomes your favorite sound too.
One thought on “The Sound of Quiet”
Beautiful–loved this blog! Hollis