Aren’t we all in search of life’s holy grail, i.e. that elusive thing with miraculous powers that provides happiness, wholeness and sustenance in infinite abundance, that thing which helps us feel significant. Without it, we feel inadequate and incomplete, and we’re just going through the motions.
Well, I’ve found it.
Now, before I go any further I need to address the “elephant in the room”. I’m empathetic to those reading who may “walk away” from the conversation and “shut down” to any talk of God because you think I’m pushing my beliefs on you. Please trust that I am not. Here’s why:
- I am just like you. I feel the same way.
- I am turned off by religion, which to me is not the same as God. Humankind has really fubar’d what God intended.
- If you believe our bodies have souls, then its plausible to believe in my God.
- If you don’t believe in souls, then you can stop reading because I don’t care to change your beliefs. It’s ok if you stop. I understand my message is not for everyone.
Still with me? Good.
If you believe our bodies have souls, then it’s plausible there are souls dwelling among us on earth as well as in some other spiritual sphere we can’t see. All kinds of souls, good and bad. It’s also possible to be believe that there is a hierarchy to souls in the spiritual sphere just as we have hierarchy on earth. In other words, there’s scale ranging from very good souls to very bad souls.
Make sense? Please continue.
Here’s what I’ve learned on my quest for the holy grail and in my work to feel significant:
- Our soul is a distinct entity, separate from our body, where feelings, thoughts and actions originate.
- Our body is the vessel for our soul.
- Our spirit mediates between our body and soul. It is our consciousness. It intercedes on our soul’s behalf and our body does what our spirit wants. Our spirit can be a good or bad mediator for our souls. Our bodies and earthly lives reflect the desires of our spirit, which dwells in our hearts.
Furthermore, there is a Supreme Soul that is pure love, goodness and truth, and it’s spirit wants to have a relationship with my spirit. It wants to commune with it so that my soul can experience love, joy and purpose. It genuinely cares about me and wants to spend time with my spirit so that it may serve as a good mediator. However, it can only do so if I want to spend time with it, if I make time for it. It can not force that upon me.
As with any good parent, the Supreme Soul longs for me to engage in continual conversation because it has my bests interests at heart. It wants me to feel significant and loved. It wants me to be happy. It knows that if my spirit is aligned with it’s spirit, The Spirit of Truth, then my heart will be aligned with it’s heart. Like any conversation, I will only hear it when I’m listening.
What is the first step to finding the holy grail? Simply make time for The Spirit of Truth. Don’t worry about perfection. Just start. Take the leap. 1 minute a day will grow to 5 minutes a day. In no time, you’ll be spending more and more time with it because you want to.
As your spirit becomes aligned with The Spirit of Truth, you will be thinking about its character because you’ll understand it better. The more time you spend with it, the more you’ll understand it. The more you get to know it, the more mindshare it will have with you. The more you’ll think about it, the more you’ll become like it. Remember, that’s a natural law, we become what we think about. The Spirit of Truth will dwell in your heart and your soul will feel a sense of purpose.
I hope this makes sense and you’re compelled to act. I’ve figured out a system to help you find your holy grail, and I’d be grateful for the opportunity to hold your hand throughout the journey. To read about it, click here.